Tolls on the Benicia-Martinez Bridge
Tolls are collected in the eastbound direction. Toll rates are based on the total number of axles on the roadway in a vehicle combination and are as follows (effective July 1, 2012):
|Number of Axles||Toll Rate||FasTrak|
|2 Axles||$ 5.00||Passage for vehicles using FasTrak shall be at the same rates shown above, except for carpool vehicles as described below. For the location of FasTrak-only lanes on this bridge, click here.|
|3 Axles||$ 15.00|
|4 Axles||$ 20.00|
|5 Axles||$ 25.00|
|6 Axles||$ 30.00|
|7 or more Axles||$ 35.00|
Benicia-Martinez Bridge Information
For more information about the Benicia-Martinez Bridge, go to
Commute Bus or Vanpool Vehicle
A Commute Bus or Vanpool Vehicle may cross toll-free at any time in designated lane(s), in accordance with operational procedures.
Passage through staffed lanes requires a toll-free commute bus ticket or a non-revenue FasTrak toll tag issued by FasTrak, or an axle-based toll will be charged.
The following types of vehicles will be charged a discounted carpool toll of $2.50 in the designated carpool lane during the designated carpool hours:
- Any 2-axle vehicle, without a trailer, carrying three or more persons
- Any single-occupancy inherently-low-emission vehicle (ILEV) with DMV-issued decals
- Any 2-axle vehicle, without a trailer, designated by the manufacturer to be occupied by no more than two person, carrying two persons
- Any motorcycle
All carpool vehicles must use designated carpool lanes and use a FasTrak toll tag to pay for tolls.
Carpool hours are Monday through Friday between 5 a.m.-10 a.m. and 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Pedestrians and Bicyclists
Pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the Antioch Bridge toll-free in designated lanes, in accordance with operational procedures.
Vehicle Definitions for Bridge Toll Assessment
Commute Bus: A Commute Bus shall include any vehicle that is:
- Designed, used, or maintained for the transportation of more than 10 persons including the driver;
- Operated across a state-owned toll bridge on a route commencing and terminating within a radius of 50 miles from the toll collection point of such bridge; and
- Operated on a regular schedule for any municipal or public corporation, transit district, public utility district or political subdivision, or private company for the nonprofit work-related transportation of its employees; or by any transportation company operating under a certificate of public convenience and necessity issued by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Vanpool Vehicle: A Vanpool Vehicle is a vehicle that is operating under the provisions of current ridesharing laws and regulations, and designed for carrying more than 10, but not more than 15, persons including the driver, that is maintained and used primarily for the nonprofit work-related transportation of persons for the purpose of ridesharing.
Motorcycle: Motorcycle shall include any motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider, with up to four wheels in contact with the roadway, two of which are a functional part of a sidecar.
Seating Capacity: If individual seats are provided, the number of such seats shall be used in determining the seating capacity. If individual seats are not used, seating capacity shall be determined on the basis of 17 inches of seat width per person.
Vehicle Combination: Vehicle Combination shall include any combination of motor-driven and drawn vehicle(s). Toll assessment will be based on the total number of axles on the roadway in the total combination.
Trailer: Trailer shall include any vehicle, including semi-trailer, designed for carrying persons or property and for being drawn by a motor vehicle.
GET UP TO $5 IN FREE TOLLS
When you get a new toll tag.
Pick up a new toll tag at select Walgreens, Costco and Safeway locations and FasTrak will give you free tolls.