FasTrak for Commercial Vehicles
If you operate a business with commercial vehicles that cross any of the Bay Area's eight toll bridges, opening a FasTrak account can provide a convenient way for you to manage your company's toll transactions.
All Bay Area toll bridges are equipped with an electronic toll collection (ETC) system called "FasTrak", which allows you to pre-pay your company's bridge tolls – eliminating the need for your drivers to stop at the toll plaza. The system has three components: a toll tag, which is placed in or on your vehicles; an overhead antenna in the toll plaza, which reads the toll tag and automatically deducts the appropriate toll from your pre-paid toll account; and video cameras to identify toll evaders. With FasTrak, your drivers can take advantage of the dedicated FasTrak-only lanes at the bridges, as well as the added benefit of non-stop bridge crossings. As a FasTrak account holder, you will be able to conveniently manage your FasTrak account online. You can:
- Check your account balance anytime;
- Update account information, including address, credit card expiration date, credit card number, and vehicle information;
- Reconcile your account daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly;
- Add a secondary (back-up) credit card on your account for replenishments;
- Make a one-time payment; and
- Have your account statements delivered electronically to your company's email address, which can be exported into a spreadsheet for sorting your transactions by transaction date and time, bridge location, toll tag number, or posting date.
How To Enroll
There are several ways to sign up for a FasTrak Business Account:
Important notes when completing the online application:
- You must open the account with a company credit card.
- You must select "Business" as your Account Type.
- You must provide both a Contact Name and a Business Name.
- You must not have more than 25 vehicles in your fleet.
- If you have more than 25 vehicles and/or you are opening your account with a check, you must enroll by mail (see below).
- You must list the license plate numbers of all trailers owned or leased on a long-term basis. (Select "Trailer" as the Make of the vehicle.)
Apply by mail
To apply by mail:
- Complete the enclosed application form (select "Business" as your Account Type).
- To list additional vehicles, complete a Vehicle List form. (If you have more than 25 vehicles, please contact the FasTrak Customer Service Center about emailing this information for processing.)
- Mail the completed application form, Vehicle List, and/or check (if applicable) to our Customer Service Center.